An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a HR Manager to join our current 4 member team based in Paget. This is a newly created job as the company has grown to the size where an experienced HR Manger is required to manage and oversee the HR and Recruitment side of our business.
Moorvale Earthmoving is a successful long-established civil construction contractor, with solid business relationships in the Civil and Mining Industries throughout Central Queensland. We have a strong history of repeat business with all of Australia’s largest coal mines.
The successful applicant will be joining a reputable contractor with a healthy pipeline of long-term projects and a desire to keep growing through customer satisfaction. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, specific accountabilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- A commitment to, and actively promoting a culture of Zero Harm is paramount
- Managing the HR Team and Recruitment needs of the organisation
- Screening and onboarding of employees and contractors for ongoing and upcoming projects
- Generating employment contracts, letters and other correspondence
- Booking inductions and accommodation
- Ensuring current employees remain mine site compliant and all inductions and competencies are up to date
- Facilitating internal and external training and arranging employee inductions
- Assisting with the ongoing maintenance and monitoring of the training program
- Liaising and communicating closely with Executive Management, Project Managers, supervisors and employees
- Continuous development of the HR department with systems, employee recruitment, training, and retention strategies
- You are required to project a professional company image through personal & telephone interaction
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the Company’s dealings and workings
Through your experiences in previous roles in leading people and managing Human Resources, you will have gained experience and knowledge that will permit you to coach and mentor your team to ongoing success such that your team can reach their full potential. Your technical & business systems knowledge combined with your established networks will be able to drive improvement, innovation, and transparency across our workforce.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven HR and Recruitment experience in the Mining or Construction Industry, including an understanding of the induction processes and requirements for various mine sites
- Experience using Pegasus, Damstra, Anglo and BHP Portals an advantage
- Thorough understanding of awards, NES and employments legislation
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Programs
- Good organisational & planning skills
- High level of initiative and the ability to take up roles and responsibilities on a pro-active basis
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute positively to the team performance
- High level of professional and personal presentation
- Reliable with a high level of attention to detail
- Stress tolerance and multi-tasking
- Ability to build relationships with other staff members
What we can offer you!
- An attractive salary package that is commensurate with your experience
- Normal business tools including laptop and mobile phone
- Work satisfaction through the full application of your skills
- Ongoing professional development
- Equal opportunity employment within a safe working environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
At Moorvale Earthmoving we do not just look at your qualifications, licenses or experience – we want to ensure every team member lives the values of Zero Harm, Unity, Passion, Excellence and Relationships. We consider that our people differentiate Moorvale from our competitors and are integral in safe delivery of quality product to internal and external clients.
About the region
The Bowen Basin coal mines produce a large percentage of Australia’s export coking coal. Mackay is nicknamed the Sugar City as the region is the largest sugar cane producing region in Australia. Mackay boasts being home to Australia’s longest stretch of subtropical rainforest and presents no end of opportunities to explore untouched nature and the region’s multitude of breath-taking and pristine national parks. Find out more information on travel and relocation – click here